Shopof.U Pty Ltd ABN (ABN 15 615 667 975) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy explains how Shopof.U Pty Ltd or any of its related bodies manages the personal information that we collect, use and disclose and how to contact us if you have any further queries about our management of your personal information.
How does Shopof.U Pty Ltd collect and hold your personal information?
We will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means. We usually collect personal information directly from you (or from someone you’ve authorised to deal with us on your behalf), for example, when:
- you enquire about a product or service available through a Shopof.U Pty Ltd website, app or platform;
- you apply for or purchase a product available through a Shopof.U Pty Ltd website;
- you contact us by telephone, via mail, e-mail or online;
- you visit our website
- we supply any other products or services to you; or
- you enter into or participate in any promotions, competitions, specials or other offers with Shopof.U Pty Ltd.
We may collect personal information:
- from other companies,
- from third parties to enhance the quality of the personal information that we hold.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party, we will only do so using fair and lawful means and if we or the third party have received your consent to the disclosure.
If you provide us with personal information about another person (such as a family member), it’s important that you let the person know we have collected their information and that they can ask to access and correct the information we hold about them.
What kinds of personal information does Shopof.U Pty Ltd collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances in which it is being collected, including whether we collect the information from you as a customer, retailer, participating provider, contractor, stakeholder, facilitator job applicant or in some other capacity.
If you sign up and/or request or purchase a product or service offered by our platforms, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and any other information that we need to be able to provide you with the service. The information we collect will vary depending on the platform, website or app you are using. If you decide to buy a product through our services, we may request additional information so that we can complete your request.
If you deal with us in some other capacity (for example, as a participating provider, a supplier, facilitator, retailer or a stakeholder), we may collect your name, contact details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
If we are not able to collect your personal information, or if you provide us with incorrect or incomplete information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
How does Shopof.U Pty Ltd use your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information so that we can:
- provide you with our services and products;
- assess your eligibility for the products and services that you’re interested in,;
- verify your identity and manage any enquiries or complaints you have after you’ve used our services or purchased a product organised through us;
- let you know about other products, services or promotional offers that we think may be of interest to you;
- ensure we comply with the requirements of our participating providers;
- conduct research and analysis to improve our understanding of your interests in relation to our services and offers, including improving our data analytics capability;
- develop insights from our interactions with our customers to enhance our services and the way we deliver them so that we can keep on meeting the needs of our customers;
- analyse your interactions and use of our online services to understand the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives;
- maintain and improve our customer service by monitoring our service for quality control, quality and training purposes;
- consider job applicants for current and future employment;
- manage our relationships with our participating providers, suppliers and stakeholders;
- manage our internal business, in particular, financial management, reporting and accounting; and
- meet our regulatory and legal obligations.
We may also use your information for other purposes required or authorised by or under law, including purposes for which you have provided your consent.
In what circumstances will Shopof.U Pty Ltd disclose your personal information?
If you decide to purchase a product through a Shopof.U Pty Ltd service or platform, we’ll share your information with the product provider and/or stakeholder so that we can facilitate the sale. For some products, we’ll send your personal information directly to the product provider so that you can complete your purchase. If the provider contacts you directly, they may provide us with information collected from you for the purposes described in this policy.
We use service providers to help us provide our services and to conduct our day to day business activities. We take steps to ensure that all our service providers agree to protect the privacy and security of your personal information and that they only use it for the purposes in this policy, or any collection notice that we provide to you at the time we collect your personal information.
These service providers generally help us by:
- helping us fulfil customer service;
- providing us with software so that we can provide you with our services;
- keeping records related to the services we provide;
- providing us with our office management software, such as email;
- providing us with software that supports communication between our IT systems, including Australian-hosted cloud services.
Data quality and Security
We may store your information in hardcopy and/or in electronic form. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
This may include a range of systems and communication security measures, as well as the secure storage of hard copy documents. In addition, access to your personal information will be restricted to those properly authorised to have access.
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, and irrelevant or misleading, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the details provided below and we’ll correct that information within 30 days of receiving any information we need to make the change.
Before we correct your personal information, we’ll need to verify and confirm your identity. If someone makes the request on your behalf, we will require your prior written consent or we will contact you directly to collect your consent.
If we don’t agree that the information needs to be corrected, we’ll write to let you know why. If that occurs, you can ask us to include a statement with the information that says you believe it’s inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant or misleading.
Website usage and Cookies
Our websites, apps and platforms are professionally hosted and operate in a secure environment. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet.
When you visit any of our online resources, our system may collect information about your visit for statistical purposes, including:
- server address;
- top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc.);
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded during your visit;
- the previous site you visited;
- if you’ve visited our site before; and
- the type of browser used.
Links to third party sites
We may provide links to third party websites from our website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices or policies of these third party websites.
These links are provided for your convenience and do not represent Shopof.U Pty Ltd endorsement of any linked third party website. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of these third parties prior to providing them with your personal information.
How you can access or correct your personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting our us at email@example.com within about 2 business days of receiving your request, we will let you know if we need additional information to process your request and how long we’ll take.
You can expect to have access to the information within 30 days of providing us with the information we need to find your personal information. Before we make your personal information available to you, we’ll need to verify and confirm your identity. If someone makes the request on your behalf, we will require your prior written consent or we will contact you directly to collect your consent.
In some circumstances, we may refuse to give you access to some or all information you have requested. For example, where we have been unable to verify and confirm your identity, if providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others; or giving access would reveal evaluative information in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
If we deny or restrict access to the information you have requested, we will give you written reasons for this decision when we respond to your request.
In most cases, access to your personal information will be provided free of charge. There may be circumstances where, because of the nature of your request, we might need to charge a fee to cover the time we’ll need to spend collating your personal information or putting it in a format that we’re able to send it to you (whether at your request or to maintain the security of the information). We will let you know before we start working on your request so that you can make an informed decision.
How you can make a privacy complaint
Please contact our us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
How to contact us
- have queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by Shopof.U Pty Ltd;
- would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you.
Please contact us U@shopyou.com.au
Level 2, 37 Bligh Street